Re: debian/ in GNOME CVS

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:
> > My worry here is that something which is really "libraries for
> > developers only and is for API stability to help porting begin" may be
> > misinterpreted as a GNOME 2.0 pre-release or something equally
> > confusing if people get it by default the next time they do a
> > "run-magic-program-that-installs-stuff-from-the-net-on-my-Debian-box".
> > Are we ready to handle that kind of PR?
>
> If the packaging is done correctly, it should all install in parallel
> - then the advantage is that people can hack on gnome-core or whatever
> without having to build libs from CVS or break the desktop they're
> using.
>
> (Well, they can do that for about 3 days until someone changes the
> library API and gnome-core no longer builds against the release,
> anyhow ;-)
>
> I have Red Hat packages ready for everything except gnome-print, which
> I'm trying to figure out right now.
>
> Havoc

Havoc (and all)

can you include libgail and at-spi ?  Both were working with recent
builds
(contingent on API breakage in the past 72 hours).  I can work with you
to synchronize on versions so we have a working stack.

-Bill

(P.S. - you may want to build libgail when changing GTK+ API, if you are
trying to make a package or tarball).