Re: The endless and mostly fruitless GNOME applets debate [contd...]

Fri, 2001-09-21 kl. 22:55 jacob berkman wrote:

[SNIP]

> but my reply was orthogonal to the post i was replying to, and for this
> i apologize.  in a previous mail i had said that stuff like the monitors
> could go into gtop, and stuff like the mixer and cd player could be in
> gnome-media.  and the larger ones can be separate, just like larger apps
> are separate.

Ok. I agree with this. Should do this as a start, and then move on from
there?

What monitors go into gtop?

- multiload and friends?
- cpumemusage?

I think moving both in there makes no sense, but I haven't spent long
hours pondering the issue.

Applets to go into gnome-media:

- mixer-applet
- soundmonitor-applet
- cdplayer-applet

Also, diskusage-applet could go into gnome-utils/giskfree?

Candidates for being their own modules:

- mini-commander
- gweather

To be removed:

another clock
battery-applet (replace with battstat)

My only concern is that the gnome-media, gdiskfree and gtop maintainers
might not be interested in the extra overhead... Anyway this is just
something to get us started with actions instead of discussing the issue
forever :)

Cheers
Kjartan