Re: The endless and mostly fruitless GNOME applets debate [contd...]

On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 11:50, Chema Celorio wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2001 09:57:24 -0400, jacob berkman wrote:
> > On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 07:17, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > > Okay,
> > >
> > > So we have always reached an impasse in the past about what to do with
> > > GNOME applets ie. how to politely say to the author of an applet that
> > > it's crap and has no place in the main distribution.
> >
> > i would be for disbanding gnome-applets in its entirety, and shipping
> > the applets in separate packages.
>
> I second jacob here, I am interested in particular with each applet
> having it's own release schedule. Also, getting the code and compiling
> it is easier when you only have one applet.
>
> We can have a "umbrella" module that pulls from CVS all the applets for
> those who prefer to have one package.

no - this would be very crack-rock.  i don't know where to begin
debunking this, but as you didn't provide any reasons *for* it i won't
post any against.

jacob
--
"It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play
it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious