Re: [Nautilus-list] GnomeVFS 1.0.2 Release
- From: Ian McKellar <yakk eavel com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>, Iain <iain ximian com>, yakk yakk net, gnome-vfs ximian com, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] GnomeVFS 1.0.2 Release
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:01:57 -0700
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 01:43:00AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Anyhow, I do think we should have a policy here, I don't think it
> should be a boneheaded no-common-sense-allowed "if nm shows a new
> symbol you are evil" kind of policy, but also I would say 95% of the
> time adding API is wrong.
The main change we made was adding module-specific callbacks and auth
callbacks. The bulk of the work for this was done by Mike soon after we
shipped 1.0, so its been sitting around for quite a while. We've had quite
a lot of pressure from users for better authentication support so we felt
that it would be good to get this out into a 1.x release.
The other change was a really minor addition to one of the APIs.
So I do agree that there are risks from adding APIs during a stable release
but I feel that in this case it was justified.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev