Re: more gnome 2 proposal

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:
> However a bigger library is indeed easier to build (from my experience)
> so we need to find a way to fix this. The scenario that itp brought up
> is a _daily_ royal pain for hackers and to-be-hackers.

My proposal is that we generalize Eazel's cvs-checkout-and-build
script, and have Tinderbox checking it for function at all times. This
gives us a canonical location to keep track of which branches,
etc. are supposed to be used, also. So to build GNOME you'd just grab
this script out of CVS run it, it would do cvs updates as appropriate
and so on.

Suggest writing the script in a real language not /bin/sh so that it's
maintainable and can do things like read config files.

This should be a step in the "work plan" in our proposal, between "set
up branches" and "set up tinderbox."

Havoc