Re: gnome-terminal delete/backspace mess

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 06:13:05PM -0500, Chema Celorio wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2001 17:49:08 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > functionality. That is the main issue, that we are putting the needs
> > of 5% ahead of the needs of 95%.
>
> I am all for removing extaconfigruable options as you already know. But
> i think that in this case this different for a number of reasons.
>
> - gnome terminal is not an end user application

Um ... hello??? In which universe?

End users (e.g. myself) use it to log into remote machines to do stuff
when remote X may not be available or not practical due to bandwidth
requirements. I also use it to read mail and news and view text files.
There _are_ alternative ways to do these last few things, but for me the
alternatives are inferior and nobody should make that choice for me.

I am assuming here that the default use I make of g-t to edit text files
for programming and earning my wage isn't considered end-user activity,
so I won't mention that.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
I intend to live forever - so far so good.