Re: translating [was Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour]

olea hispafuentes com writes:

> Karl Eichwalder escribió:
> >
> > Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
> >
> > > You could have:
> > >
> > >       trans --get gnumeric es.po
> > >       vi
> > >       trans --submit gnumeric es.po
> >
> > Not bad.  Nevertheless, be prepare weird things will easily happen this
> > way: es.po from gnome-libs will be checked in as es.po for gnome-core...
>
> Maybe tha trans app could add some commented data  (about module,
> branch, etc ) in the work po file (the file downloaded with transapp).
> This data would be  cleaned by transapp in the upload.

For instance, we can add some UUID to all po files in CVS (so that branches
would get different numbers).

But that won't prevent you from committing and older version of a po file.

So maybe the correct way to do is to have some magic header field consisting
of UUID, path name of the file in the repository and CVS revision.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)