Re: translating [was Re: Intolerable CVS behaviour]

Karl Eichwalder escribió:

> Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
>
> > You could have:
> >
> >       trans --get gnumeric es.po
> >       vi
> >       trans --submit gnumeric es.po
>
> Not bad.  Nevertheless, be prepare weird things will easily happen this
> way: es.po from gnome-libs will be checked in as es.po for gnome-core...

Maybe tha trans app could add some commented data  (about module,
branch, etc ) in the work po file (the file downloaded with transapp).
This data would be  cleaned by transapp in the upload.

> What about branches?

Hum. It would be beautiful if the trans app could read a config file
with the name of the development and stable branches updated. With a
parameter flag '--branch (stable|development)' like I think it'll help
the translator a lot.

>     b) Not every "native" speaker qualifies per se to do translations!

This is one of the reasons which explain the needs of translation teams,
isn't it?

--
	A.Ismael Olea González
	tlf 914 575 330