Re: [Gnome-print] Re: Gnome-print & PPD's copyrights (for HP printers)

Greg :

Oh, I was looking at one of the few files in that
tarball that have a different header, like :

Laserjet Color 8500.ppd :

*PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
*% Adobe Systems PostScript(R) Printer Description File
*% Copyright 1993-94 Electronics for Imaging, Inc.
*% All Rights Reserved.
*% Permission is granted for redistribution of this file as
*% long as this copyright notice is intact and the contents
*% of the file is not altered in any way from its original form.
*% End of Copyright statement

HP8100_4.ppd :

*% ===========================================
*% Printer Description File
*% Copyright 1992-99 Hewlett-Packard Company
*% PPD for HP LaserJet 8100 Series
*% For Windows 95, but may be used in Windows
*%  3.x for applications that require a PPD.

But most of the PPDs in that tarball have the MIT
license, so we can start with the set of printers
which we have a PPD with a MIT license.

Thank You,
Chema