Re: Bugzilla summary

Tim Janik wrote:

> i find "BLOCKER" a bit odd.

I suspect bugzilla contains this since it supports a project that at its
roots was a large, proprietary software development project and has/had
a large core of people who are paid to perform certain aspects of
development. Blocker indicates your bug is actually getting in the way
of other hackers/testers accomplishing their workplan for a given
release.  This is arguably more severe than a release critical bug,
because it is eating multiple resources.

I'm not sure how well this maps to GNOME, since hackers tend to fix bugs
that are getting in their way instead of throwing them over a fence to
someone else who's "job" it is. I'd be interested to hear how often this
is used in Mozilla's current development environment.

Mike