RE: Panel UI - startmenu productivity thoughts

> >Hmmm now, thinking about the lines you just wrote me - A way to support
> >habbit and include this feature is making the quicklauncher
> >customisizable:
> >  - The quicklauncher is placed by the user (e.g. via the rightclick
> >popup in the startmenu)
> >  - if a quicklauncher is placed, the mechanism is activated
> >
> >Needs some more thoughts, what do you think?
>
> Well, if you're going to go that far, why not just make it easy for
> the user to copy the launcher from the submenu into the main menu?
> (Actually, can't you do that already with a right-click-and-drag?)
>
> Actually, now that I think about it, that would definitely be _my_
> preferred solution.  On MacOS, Windows, and GNOME, I've always put
> frequently-launched apps directly into the Start/Apple/Foot menu
> explicitly so that it's quicker for me to launch them.  That has the
> advantage of being fairly clear and explicit, although it does
> require explicit actions on the user's part.

You're right, if the user has to organize the startmenu/those
quicklaunchers himself, it's no use... :-(

Hmm... well, guess that was all about this idea... I'll think on! :) I
just read about the color-reactor stuff (indicating application status
via colors in the taskbar) - sounds interesting too.

I wonder when Microsoft copies the first UI Improvement from Gnome, and
we don't copy the main UI stuff from them :>

best wishes,
domi.