Re: Questions

Alan wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:03:21PM -0700, delmar watkins wrote:
> > Please, oh god PLEASE put menu bars at the top where they belong!
> >
> > The gnome panel needs an applet that sucks up the focused window's mneu
> > bar and displays it.  Oh yeha, and enforces the fact that things on teh
> > gnome bar should hit the edge.
>
> IIRC someone did put this hack in at some point, but it didn't work, or wasn't
> pursued or something.  Check the list archives for the code, which I believe
> was posted.

I wrote that hack (the most recent one), and at the time it was deemed
to late for Gnome 1.4 which was frozen. It did work, but had some minor
bugs (fixable). It's a bit of a contraversial feature, especially with
ex-windows users. I asume they will still want that for Gnome 2.0 at the
very least to maintain compatability with KDE apps which have that
option in KDE.

Mark