Re: Reprise of the panel layout proposal

Jared White wrote:

> OK, here are a couple images illustrating what I mean. It's nothing very
> graphically fancy, but I hope you all get the idea. These tabs could either
> drop-down upon being clicked, or maybe drop-down with half-second
> click-hold. Dragging a tab would move the tab left and right along the top
> edge of the screen, so people could position the tabs wherever they like. I
> don't know about an "auto hide" type of thing for the tabs, but I suppose
> something could be worked out.

Apple had a similar idea except you dragged a Window down to the lower
edge and it created the tab of the window with clicking on the tab
bringing the window out while clicking again closed it.  I personally
liked the idea for frequently used items, it would also reduce the
"icon" clutter of apps/etc.  However, it takes up screen real estate,
but it is a nice option.

What I would like to see is an easier way to add stuff to the menus like
Apple has done.

Kevin