Re: Proposal for default panel layout w/ some modifications to the panel

--- Ben Ford <ben kalifornia com> wrote:

> I agree.  As a matter of fact, I predict that with
> all the
> "hand-holding" propositions going around the list,
> gnome will shortly
> begin losing its current user base (especially
> because most people that
> I know that use gnome do so because "KDE feels too
> much like windows").

Considering that GNOME is supposed to be (become?) a
user-friendly desktop, "hand-holding" propositions
should come with the territory. Since this list is for
discussion on how to improve the ease of use of
GNOME's
GUI, you should *expect* hand-holding propositions to
be common on this list.

Also, I would worry less about GNOME losing some of
its
current user base and worry more about making it more
useful to its target audience of end users. Change,
especially non-trivial change, almost always offends
somebody.

=====

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----