Re: Hi all

Kevin Cullis <kevincu orci com> writes:

> I'd also like to see gtop show parent/child processes.  I currently use
> SuSe 6.4 and when I print and want to cancel, lpq shows the process
> cancelled, but a y2prn child process has been started and I have to go
> to gtop to kill it, NOW that I know this.  It would be nice in some
> instances that when you kill a process, it means killed!

Hi,

GTop is already scheduled for a complete rewrite for either GNOME 1.4
or GNOME 2.0 (not sure yet for which version it'll be).

With this new GTop it'll be much easier to add more features and parent/
child processes is already on my todo list.

However, I won't implement it before GNOME 2.0 since it should use the
new tree widget which will go into GTK 2.0.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)