Re: Splash screens: a summary

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> And I've never undertood the whole point of keyboard focus
> != mouse focus != joystick focus != moo focus.

The mouse is self-focusing. Things like a keyboard aren't because
they don't send screen position information.

There are different keyboard focus styles because nobody seems
to know what an ideal solution is (there may not be an ideal).
You might like focus-follows-mouse or application-focus-follows-mouse.
I prefer application-focus-on-click (without raising the window).

> You're not doing things in a
> window with the keyboard while doing others with the mouse
> elsewhere.

Speak for yourself! I often (daily?) type on the keyboard into an
obscured window. This can be done by setting permanent-focus on a
window and then working with the mouse elsewhere. How can this be
useful? I make selections in other windows and paste them into
xterm.

- Ken