Re: A call to action

Gerry Chu wrote:

> I also understand Eazel
> is thinking about putting together a ui testing lab, so the committee could
> work with that too.  Finally, when the component is redesigned, it would be
> put up on the www or shown to the greater mailing list itself for comment.

I'm just back from the States and beginning to read my way through this
thread... so you'll doubtless see more emails from me as I read more
:o)  But it would be remiss of me not to mention that Sun already have
usability labs (indeed, that's where I've been for the past few days),
and I'd like to think we could all benefit from those, and the usability
expertise within the company, to help make GNOME a better product.

Whether this means we allow GNOME hackers to make use of our usability
labs to test their ideas and prototypes, or we just make our usability
guys and gals available to the review process for any
additions/modifications to the GNOME UI, needs more thought and
discussion.  Either way, along with Eazel and others, we certainly have
some invaluable resources here that I very much hope we can make
available to the GNOME community as a whole.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, User Interface Designer  Sun Microsystems Ireland