Re: A call to action

kažkada, berods Pr, 2000-10-16 00:32-0400, Richard Tibbetts rašė:
> The solution to this problem, it seems to me, lies in producing a
> document similar to the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. This will be
> a significant document which covers 99% of UI design decisions, and in
> each and every case gives an unambiguous GNOME solution to the
> problem. Whether this is written by committee or by star chamber or
> any other method doesn't really matter. It has to not suck in any
> clear way, and once it is done it has to be followed and enforced.
> Once you have that, it becomes possible to say that (1) all developers
> of official GNOME apps should follow the guidelines and (2) when the
> guidelines are ambiguous people should ask a specific body rather than
> just making somethin up.

There is a sketch of such guidelines in
gnome-libs/devel-docs/suggestions.txt

When someone starts to write The Gnome UI Guidelines document, begin with
what's considered already.

I was very happy when I found that document and it helped at least easier
design my app's menu structure. I was very happy I could follow some rules
instead of reinventing them.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas, Lithuania