Re: A call to action

colin z robertson wrote:

> Thanks to those who have corrected me on this. I'll try to take a
> proper look at it at some point, though having quickly glanced at it I
> wasn't very impressed. (And it's amusing that their UI guidelines are
> presented using such awkward html that it's a pain to read).

Well, buy the real thing... the web is hardly the ideal medium for
presenting reference books :o)

As well as those Windows User Experience guidelines, you might also take
a look at the book "Developing User Interfaces for Windows" by Everett
McKay (also published by Microsoft Press), which goes through the
practice of designing good user interfaces squarely from a developer's
viewpoint.  There are many concrete examples, all for Windows, of
course, but much of it is applicable to any platform.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, User Interface Designer  Sun Microsystems Ireland