Re: A call to action

Ya...I've stopped contributing to this list because it was unclear
that anyone would ever actually implement any of the suggestions that
were being made here.

Eazel seems to deal with the designer-to-developer connection entirely
internally.  There must be *some* programmers working on UI issues
outside of just a single project (e.g. Nautilus) - we definitely need
to consolidate the efforts going into this list with their work.

With regard to a GTK-based office suite, there is Gnome Office, which
appears to be a loose grouping of mostly independent projects.  But
Star Office is on track to become the "official" suite for Gnome.  If
we feel strongly about it being GTK-based (a suggestion which I think
has good merit) then we'd need to convince Sun's Star Division of the
utility of this.  It seems to have been a large amount of work to
convince them to drop the Windows-style desktop (complete with Start
button) GUI layer, which was a complete disconnect with the Unix
environment.

Blah,

Beland

Christopher Beland - http://web.mit.edu/beland/www/contact.html
MIT STS/Course 6 (EECS)   -   MIT Athena User Interface Project
                   http://www.votenader.org