RE: A call to action

> I think it's not only about GNOME GUI, but what about Star Office as
> well?  Where is GNOME Foundation going since SO is suppose to use GNOME
> stuff? I just subscribed to the Openoffice mailing list and I think we
> should get together with them to see how this can work.

The way I understand things (you probably should check with people more
knowledgeable about SO than I am) is that SO won't ever use gtk and bonobo,
but some SO components (such as the charting tool, the equation editor) will
be bonobozied for use in _other_ open source projects.  I think what we
really need is a  open-source gtk office suite that actually has a
reasonable loading time and integrates heavily with GNOME (have you noticed
that the mouse pointer changes when the pointer is in SO?  That's not
integration to me).

> The question is: What do we need to do first?  Has anyone done this? Or
> is it the programmers only who are working?

After I gauge the response on this list, I was going to send something to
the nautilus and gnome-devel mailings, as well as talk to arlo from eazel
(who said he was going to maintain the ui standard guide) and Jim Cape
(hitsquad person).

Gerry