Re: User interface suggestions

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> I was going to do my GNOMEified interpretation, whipped up in Glade, but it
> seems to be stuffing up on me at the moment. :( I'll do one in GIMP and post
> a link as a reply to this soon.

http://lazarus.aphid.net/misc/gnome-shutdown.png [12k]

It's a bit haphazard, as I had to do most of it in The GIMP, instead of
being sensibly bound by the real layout you get from using Glade. :) The
blue around 'Lock screen' is the mouseover highlight.

The advantage of having nice big buttons instead of radio buttons is that
the modality is implicit - you can only hit one button, plus it's a one-step
process. Both of these provide a strong spatial understanding of the
interface, and give greater opportunity for learned muscle-memory responses.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.