Re: User interface suggestions

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > (Although there is no obvious keyboard interface, which would be an
> > accessibility issue for an industrial-strength desktop).
>
> Underscores to show key-bindings, I guess.

Well, that plus some way of showing which button has the current
keyboard focus, and which is the default button.  When you start having
to add those sorts of things (which either need to be rendered "on top"
of the GUI at runtime, or as extra pixmaps for each button), sexy
non-rectangular buttons begin to lose some of their appeal-- either
visually, or in terms of the amount of effort required to make them
work, depending on which implementation method you choose  :o)

> GNOME is pretty relaxed on the accessibility features at the moment - which
> I'm sure you'd know all about, coming from Sun!

It is indeed one of the areas I'll be devoting some time to, I hope...

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, User Interface Designer  Sun Microsystems Ireland