Re: User interface suggestions

aferrer dit upm es (2000-10-03 at 1355.50 +0200):
> My idea isn't to improve an specefic program, but to propose a general
> idea in the design of the interface. For example, the use of icons as
> much as possible, the clearty, ...

The current interface is right (not perfect) cos you can turn off
icons. Some of us hate them to death: just more clutter and not real
info, my desktop shows near zero icons, I removed all I could (and
rarelly use those apps that use them, except Gimp... where I use
shortcuts and forget the toolbox). That is MHO, only applicable to me.

So being able to have more icons, OK, some people like them. But also
being able to remove them completly from day zero, not like with the
Gnome tool bars, where you can choose between icons or icons & text,
but not text only (still waiting to have that option).

The about info box becomes less readable with the gradient, and not
more useful as we talked here some days ago: clickable *and*
selectable email addresses to send info to authors and bug systems,
the same for web pages & translation team, a way to read a short cmd
line params list or check what Deb/RPM/whatever installs this app
(think "--help" in a console app).

GSR