Re: Testing & A Suggestion :)

Ivan Jager wrote:

> The thing I miss most is all those properties that could be set for
> files. For example I could make a unique icon for a special file, use a
> background that I choose for a certain folder, or choose wheather a
> directory would be opened as icons, tree view, or detail.

Actually, we're smarter to do like that Win-something OS and use a special file for
each directory (XML format?) that specifies user preference on a per-directory basis

~/.gnome_fs/prefs/usr/src.xml -> /usr/src display prefs
~/.gnome_fs/prefs/usr/src/linux.xml -> /usr/src/linux prefs ...

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/