Re: needed feature

Highly agreed ... but a few points:

Enlightenment (one window manager) offers keyboard shortcuts for many of the things
you've mentionned -- you can bind them to any keys you like with a simple
configuration program.  I have shade, lower, raise, minimise, move to next desktop,
etc. all bound to keys, even close and kill.

The ALT-bindings for menus have always bothered me under X apps too though -- I love
being able to jump to the menu bar at will ... even if its F10 or something.