Re: Suggestion for multiple document programs

Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot@email.enst.fr> writes:

> However I *do* like the idea of clicking on a single netscape entry
> in the taskbar an getting a menu with the full names of all the
> netscape windows (if there is more than one netscape window, of
> course).

This behavior seems to make sense only on an application-basis.  For
example, when I have multiple emacs windows open, I definately want to
be able to jump to the one that has the file I want, without clicking
the one "Emacs" button, then selecting from the menu.  Especially
since, often, the only windows on a desktop are Emacs windows.

Maybe, something like this would make sense as an overflow technique?
If you have too many windows on a desktop open to display all of them,
then you start collapsing them into per-app buttons?  If all I have on
a desktop are two emacs and two netscape, it shouldn't be collapsed,
but it could be helpful if I have fifteen netscapes open.

138 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes, 25 seconds till we run away.
Scenery is here, wish you were beautiful.