Re: Suggestion for multiple document programs

>However I *do* like the idea of clicking on a single
>netscape entry in the taskbar an getting a menu with the full names

Like the pager one, but per family of windows?

>of all the netscape windows (if there is more than one
>netscape window, of course). Netscape window titles are too long to
>fit in anything else than a menu or tooltip, and I'm not too

There are tools to rewrite window titles, at least under Sawfish.

>fond of fishing the netscape taskbar entries to find the
>right tooltip. A popup is the right thing to do, I think.

But then it must be well done:
- appears under the cursor, centered (taking into account screen borders).
It must save movements as much as possible.

- no "Netscape -" for each window. "Netscape" in the popup title and the
rest of the name in each button (list or whatever widget is used for the
windows). Must save space... after all we already know the family, a title
is more than enough, maybe even not necesary.

- autohide feature (on / off option, like in panels): if it loses focus it
vanishes. With or without anim effect (like panels). For those that like a
fast system with lot of screen space, without waste of clicks.

- if you click on a window selector, it disappears and raises / hides /
whatever (as normal task bar) the window. Right click also should work, of
course, it is just an extension of normal task bar.

- if you click close button (or wm close button) it disappears doing nothing.

- icons appear if user wants. [Yes, I have a serious problem with icons and
other "cool" things... they distract me]

In other words a help, not another "hey! I want to become more garbage in
the middle of your screen, catch me if you can!". ;]

If the above things are followed, I think it will suit all of us. Things I
forgot?

Funny detail: I hope that if this is implemented, when it is ready Mozilla
will be ready too, cos I am never able to open so many windows to require
the feature... it eats all memory or simply crashes before I can fill the
task bar. ;]

GSR