Re: Zooming dock

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:47:41AM +1300, Blair Strang wrote:
> Thumbnails are a very intuitive way to preview images. I think probably
> a "sound bite" would be a good way to preview something like an mp3 ...

I've used CD interfaces where going into a drectory with lots of sound
files played snippetsll of them overlaid in the background, quietly,
and if you moved the mouse near an icon, that icon's sound got louder.

It was interesting but might take a lot of CPU to do.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org