Re: Zooming dock

On 2000.12.09 18:58:25 +1300 William Kendrick wrote:

> One suggestion I had
> when I saw Nautilus presented at SVLUG was to have oscilloscope views
> of sound files, so you could start recognizing them by the shape of the
> sound... or, at the least, tell which MP3 is louder than another,
> for example. ;) )
>
> -bill!

Thumbnails are a very intuitive way to preview images. I think probably
a "sound bite" would be a good way to preview something like an mp3 ...
(i.e, hover mouse over, mp3 starts playing quietly (probably not from the
beginning, you'd need to skip some way through)... move mouse off,  sound
fades away...)

Actually, I'm not sure if this would piss me off or not during daily use ;-)
Or even if it's that practical.

I guess one could also create "sound icons" - small, easily recognisable
fragments of songs which would represent the whole...

Ta,

    Blair.

--
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and is intended for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) only.