Re: Copy-Paste between filemanager and document editor

Jorg Rathlev wrote:
> It works on my system (Win 2000, Office 2000, Bitmap file). If it doesn't on
> yours, try dragging with the right mouse button, you'll see a menu asking
> you what to do. Even copy / paste works.

Last night I tried this with StarOffice and both copy-paste and DnD
seems to work fine. DnD worked even from GMC and nautilus! DnD could be
more informative. The plus sign isn't not enough! In addition there
could be a text describing the operation "move", "copy", "insert" etc.
Or perhaps the best arrangement is to make the right-button DnD in
Windows the default (popup menu appears with left mouse button DnD).

> Actually I never tried to do this before, I prefer using the "insert image"
> dialog. But it's certainly a nice feature, especially if the file manager
> shows a preview image.

Also insert image dialog should show images as thumbnails (like nautilus
does) - makes it much faster to find the right image!

DnD in mobile environments is not very convinient. First: When using a
touch sensitive display (which is the only really usable pointing
mechanism in mobile devices (my opinion)) the connection to the screen
is unreliable (the item you are dragging might drop to a wrong place).
And second: In a small screen there is usually only one window visible
which makes impossible to DnD between applications. That's why clipboard
should offer the same functionality and that's why EPOC doesn't have
drag-and-drop.

	Heikki