Weighing in and other thoughts about recent discussions (fwd)

Gerry Chu said:
> However, the save dialog is mearly a file open dialog with the word "save"
> swapped with the word "open."  The user is _still_ shown with the nicely
<snip>
> directory before you put a new file in?  I don't.  It's irrelevant what
> other files are in a folder to my decision on where to put a new file.

BRRZT! :)  Wrong.  Seeing the list of existing files is useful if I
need to know the name of a file which I'm replacing, or one I'm
making a new version of.  (Did I call it "big_spaceship.png" or was
it "spaceship_big.png"?  I need to know to make sure that I call my
small spaceship image in a consistent way.)

My 2c

-bill!