Re: Show Me The Code..

thristian@atdot.org wrote:

> Speaking of replacement GTK+ file selctors:
>
> http://students.cs.byu.edu/~torriem/gtk/

More than a year ago, I started writing on a replacement file selector for GTK+
and presented the alpha to this mailing list together with a thorough
description
of all the design decisions and a TODO list describing features that I though
would better fit in a GNOME environment.
This spawned a long-running thread that lasted for the good part of the
fall of '99 talking about auto-completion, layout, etc.
Many of my ideas got included in the proposal presented by the "Hit squad".
I did not do any more code because I thought it needed a rewrite anyway,
I was told that people had already started on Bonobo components for file lists
and I expected programmers to implement the designs presented by the "Hitsquad".

The current threads are stirring up about the same issues that were
discussed a year ago. In my view, they have already been settled!
For justification of the choices that led to the current design,
go read the archived mailing list from last year.

/ Johan
 -- johan@tiq.com -- http://www.obsession.se/johan/ --