Re: OT: Reply-To

Christian Rose wrote:
> (yes, I'm a lot into translation :-).
> You see that only the gnome mailing lists don't have the Reply-To
> setting.

We're WAY off topic here.  Perhaps gnome-rant-list@gnome.org would be more
suitable? ;)

In terms of your "Example," it's flawed.  Of the lists I'm subscribed to
(Bugtraq, NtBugtraq, this one, internal mailing list of work, postfix, linux
kernel, scoop-help), only scoop-help sets reply-to (it's a Sourceforge
list).

The proper solution would be to have either list reply in your client, or
have per-folder settings (like reply-to:, displayed email address, etc) used
for message generation.  This feature does not exist in any mailer I know of
(per folder settings).

Perhaps we should get back to flaming about usability now.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.