Re: Shortcut keys continued

Christian Rose wrote:
> Actually only one modifier; Ctrl.
>
> Home            beginning of line
> End             end of line
> Ctrl + Home     beginning of document
> Ctrl + End      end of document
>
> Fairly simple, huh? But I agree, these shortcuts should definately be
> documented.

Or user should be informed. Documentation is not good choice, because
in practice it's always late, incorrect, in other place, etc. Program
should instantly at place of context give information possibilities
to activate commands.

> I also think that these shortcuts are fairly simple to remember. What
> does "a" in Ctrl + a for beginning of line come from? The only thing I
> can think of is "Anfang".

I guess the ctrl-a was simply a free ctrl-key. ctrl-b was for
move-cursor-backwards.

--
email: Petri.Heinila@lut.fi
  www: http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/