Re: First UI component needing replacement.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 12:47:12PM -0400, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> Just another concept:  what about double-clicking the files?
>
> First, double-clicking a file has to NOT have the effect of clicking OK.
> But double-clicking a file would 'add' it to the list of files to be opened.
> This list could be a ";" separated list of names in the list bar, or
> something entirely different.  Unselecting would become harder though.
>
> I'm just trying to brainstorm new ideas instead of rehashing old and complex
> ways of doing things.

hmm. It is an interesting idea. One problem: it breaks having a
multiple selection dialog usable as a single selection dialog (unless
we had a different way of doing a single selection as well).

Presumably if you were to use this system you'd unselect with a
double-click as well.

Personally, I'm very happy with the ctrl and shift clicking for
multiple selection. I'm not sure what level of compatibility we're
looking for with other environments but I think we'd need to have a
_very_ good replacement before we start breaking these sorts of
conventions.

colin

  rtnl  http://rational.cjb.net     c.z.robertson@ndirect.co.uk
  ak    http://kitching.cjb.net                    icq 13294163