Re: File dialog (was: Re: First UI component needing replacement.)

Dylan_G@bigfoot.com (2000-08-12 at 1959.54 -0600):
> Not really :-(  There is a distinct lack of keyboard accelerator and resize
> hints for the user.  I suspect they do not exist.

Resize? Damn, and the window borders? All those internal resize hints
are stupid in my opinion. Why add more clutter? If user learns that he
can drag window borders, he will try if he need it (and he should be
allowed to do it in this case). Move and resize windows is a basic
task in GUI, if the user still does not know it, something is wrong,
but not here (wm does not show correct mouse cursor?).

But I agree in the accelerators. All things should have one if used a
lot, and Esc should do Cancel and Enter "Verb" (Save, ie). And for
those widgets that toggle, use Space (I say this due Gimp and the link
widget, which captures temporally the Enter key and slows work flow).

GSR