Style Guide suggestion

Personal selfish problem:

Toolbars with text and pictures really annoy me, I want the option to
set them to pictures only (it takes up too much space with the text
for my liking, and I can read the tooltips if it;s not obvious what
the buttons do). Other people probably like the text only version.

Suggested solution (to be put in the style guide):

* Any application that has a toolbar should provide a preference
dialog that has at minimum a set of radio buttons that allow the
toolbar to be set to `Pictures and Text', `Pictures only' or `Text
only'.

I especially like the layout of the "Show Toolbar" section in the

(It should probably also be specified where the "Preferences..." menu
item goes, but I have no strong opinion on that except that the "File"
menu is a bad place).

(I also suggest a way to set a system-wide default for this which all
apps with a toolbar should respect, I'll give a proposal to that end
when I figure out the config code some more.)

I'll gladly do some work towards modifying the Gnome programs in CVS
conform if this is added to the style guide and nonconformance can
therefore be considered a bug.

 - Maciej Stachowiak