Re: The Help Menu

> Bowie Poag wrote:
> > <Stuff about "About" snipped>
> >
> > A simple little Gnome Footprint present in the menu bar of each apps
> > window would do the trick nicely, at first thought. I'm open to
> > suggestions. Even yours, Tom. ;) hee
> >

> I think it would be bad to over-use the GNOMEprint in such a fashion. It
> already has a use, which is to signify menus/drawers on the panel.
> "About" should stay under help, because (1) that is where it has always
> been, and (2) knowing the copyright and version info is a form of
> "Help." Besides, do we have to flaunt convention simply because we can?
>
> M.Watson <redline@intrex.net>

Hmm.. Well, I agree. Simply from an aesthetic standpoint, overuse of the
footprint would be a bad idea. Agreed. :)

However.. Continuing to throw "About.." under Help, simply because "its
always been done that way" may be a mistake. Sure, traditionally, thats
always where it has ended up -- But think about it, for a second. Does it
really belong there? How does selecting "About.." effectively *HELP* you?

It doesn't. :)  See?

It belongs in the here-to-for unnamed "Program/Gnome/(foot)" menu. :)

Bowie