Re: About: About

Well, it's a good idea, and it is logical, but I think that this is one
area where it's just fine to leave things the way they are.  "About"
is--in my understanding--short for "About this application."  IOW, what it
is, what version it is, what the copyright is, what license it's under,
and who wrote it. The author/email stuff is part of the "who wrote it" so
this is probably just better left alone.  Plus, it keeps things in *one*
box instead of three, and I hate wasted space (and GNOME wastes too much
screen space already).  Also, this is the way it's been done for a LONG
time--since before Windows, so you can't blame it on them.

                Soren Harward               | Windows 95/98 DOES come
 Internet Information Systems Administrator | with a tool to recover
               Cinternet, Inc.              | from Registry
 Voice: 891-1228        soren@cinternet.net | corruption.
      http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/      | It's called 'FDISK'.