Re: The relationship between Desktop and Panel

>I'm afraid that people will mistake ANYTHING that
>even looks remotely like it for the windoze "start" button. :(

You know...the best thing the gnomeprint could ever do would be to implement
the Start Menu concept correctly...categories, not companies, easy
searchability, not messy find file, autocomplete, not interface compete...

This way, we could swipe all the user understanding of the gnomeprint and
link in with their unconscious wishes for how they COULD interact with their
system.

The runbox is a concept that's gotten kinda ignored lately, but seriously,
usually when I open the start menu I know the name of the app I want to
open.  An interface that lets me plink it in would be nice.