Re: To answer your question about the upcoming Style-Guide...

Preben Randhol writes:
 > How would you explain to a person that he cannot insert two spaces in
 > a row in LyX ?

When they try to do it, LyX plays back an audio file explaining why it
won't have the effect they expect.  If they correct it while the audio
file is playing, immediately cease the playback.

Is that a pain to do?  Yes.

Does it require expenditure of resources?  Yes.

Does that matter, if it's the best way to help the user?  No.

How do we know it's the best way?  Testing, and more testing.

Do our opinions matter?  No.  Only testing matters.

Should we shut up with our opinions, then?  Yes.

--
-russ <rn-sig@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson