Re: quit menu item

* Ryan Cresawn
| ) On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 12:56:03PM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
|
| One thing that I have always liked about MacOS is the fact that "Quit"
| is always in the same place with the same keyboard shortcut and it
| isn't repeated.  I know this is too much to ask but wouldn't it be
| nice if there were only one way to quit an application instead of 2 or
| 3?  For instance, with xemacs open I can quite it buy typing the
| following:

I don't like MacOS nor Windoze, but what I like is that one can quit
the programs as you say in MacOS by pressing Apple+Q. Whether there
are more ways to quit a program doesn't matter as there is always this
one way that is present in all programs. Ctrl + Q or Alt + Q (which I
prefer) should quit all programs.

At any rate making an addition to the Gnome library so that menus (and
possibly buttons if needed) can be configured (from "The Great Gnome
Configurator Of All Programs" program) by the user to use the keys
she/he wants and where she/he wants the menu items appear is the best
way IMHO. As long as it doesn't make coding apps a pain in the arse.

Comments...
--
Preben Randhol                    | Dekadansens forfall...
Tlf    73940929/(735)94076 [arb]  |