Re: Menu Bar Style Guide

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> wrote:
> Wait Wait Wait.
>
> The Help menu goes on the right.  That is how we have been doing it
> for ages, and if an application is not doing that, it is broken and
> should be fixed.

let's look at this from a user-interface pov. is it good this way around?
does it have flaws - it does. does it have merrits - it does. what are users
used to? is it worth forcing them to re-learn?

I'm with you putting the help menu to the right, but I think we should once
and for all (at least on this list) view at things from the ui pov and not
from ANY other.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.