Re: Why cluehunting ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Pfab <pfab@thales.mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
To: Leareth <leareth@geocities.com>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 2:23 AM
Subject: Re: Why cluehunting ?

>Leareth <leareth@geocities.com> writes:
>
>> Um, cause autocompletion is one of the best things to hit unix.
>> ever.
>
>Um, I guess you meant completion on request,
>that is tabcompletion.
>Autocompletion means: you type "au" and the computer fills in
>"autocompletion" whether you want it or not.
>Or you type "KUKA" and the computer changes it to "KUBA".
>This of course happend. The first word is a company name.
>The customers where somewhat surprised to get something from kuba.
>
>summary:
>  completion good
>  autocompletion bad
>
>Stephan

What do you think of inactive automatic expansion?  (Not completion, because
sometimes you aren't adding to the end).  Inactive means the computer has to
be told to accept the new possibility before it does the replace.

Maybe a green underline under a word would signify the computer thinks it
can do better?