Re: Activate Scroll Key

>  I strongly disagree with taking away the middle-button-paste function. I
>  would hate you forever, needing it quite often in my daily work.

A lot of X users are used to pasting text using mouse button 2, so we
cannot remove that functionality.

Applications like the GIMP where scrolling makes sense but inserting
text does not (i.e. the GIMP's image windows) can use mouse button 2
for scrolling.

If it does make sense to insert text *and* scroll, we could use mouse
button 2 for inserting text and shift+mouse button 2 to scroll.  This
is analogous to the way you use shift plus the mouse buttons when you
run a terminal program that supports the mouse inside an Xterm.

If nobody objects to this, I will put it in the UI Guidelines later.

  Federico