Re: Apologies to gnome-gui if I ever said you guys were flamers...

Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:

> By the way Scott, hate to break this to you but the first project of mine
> that'll prolly be Proof-Of-Concept'd will be the minbar.  So, for somebody
> who says I don't care about coders...I have a coder telling me he can do it,
> he wants to do it, and he's gonna do it.
>
> Next time you think something's impossible, say it publically instead of
> smugly laughing to yourself and keeping the knowledge from me.  The minbar
> was announced weeks ago, hell you were at the meeting!

And cut from a related post by you:

> Ohhhhh EXCUUUUUUUUSE me, Scott.  I'm a GUI designer.  Did I not know about
> certain CLI things?  Yup.  Look at me, Scott.  Unlike you, I have the balls
> to admit I don't know everything and I'm seeking the *HELP* of others that
> do.

On one hand, it's good that you're finally getting closer to a
proof of concept.  OTOH, this is the very attitude that will
scare coders away from you, leaving you with no one to implement
your ideas.  Who wants to spend time doing favors for someone who
radiates spite and vindictiveness?  Part of achieving respect is
acting at a professional level, not at a personal level.  Every
time you belittle or condescend to a contributing programmer, you
reduce your "respect capital" a little bit more (I like that
term, Scott :c).  You're almost down to the empty mark on this
one, Dan.  I'd suggest you learn to be a little more polite and
tolerant before you're completely out of credibility.

John