Re: drag and drop ?

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

> what's the current state of drag and drop in gnome/gtk ?
>
> I think this is a very important part of the interface. it's one where
> windoze has a strong point - almost every app supports drag and drop and you
> can use it in the wildest places.
>
> should drag & drop support be a G2 feature?

In the short term (i.e. the guide we are working on) I would say
definately.  It is easy for an application to support (just use the
GNOME/GTK+ widgets), and it is critical for consistant functionality.

In the long term, I hope to see some sort of integrated clipboard-style
functionality.  But, it ain't here yet, so we can't very well require it.

-Gleef