Re: drag and drop ?

>  what's the current state of drag and drop in gnome/gtk ?

Short answer:  kind of works.

Long answer:  Owen is looking into implementing the new Xdnd spec for
Gtk (Gtk currently uses Xde).  I don't know if Gtk's DND API will
change too much, so I can't say whether the current GNOME stuff that
supports DND will have to be tweaked.  It shouldn't be a problem,
anyways.

>  should drag & drop support be a G2 feature?

Sounds like a good idea.  I will put it in the UI Guidelines.

Currently a few of the standard GNOME widgets support drag and drop;
as far as I can remember they are only the widgets derived from
GnomeEntry, inclusive.  DND cannot be implemented in every core
widget, because it may behavior specific to each application.

  Federico