Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Default Window Geometry

>Tom:
>
>The issue is one of compliancy, for the windowmanager, which has the most
>direct hand in enforcing this. Windowmanagers, under the UISG, are subject
>to the same restrictions enforced by the Compliancy Levels that any other
>app is -- We're working on whether or not we should enforce a line in the
>UISG which says all windows must be equal to, or less than the dimensions
>of the physically viewable area.
>
>Bowie

Bowie:

You hit a wall when you get to WM's that simulate, say, a 4000x4000
workspace.  Windows should probably initialize by default no larger than a
single screen, but what about...

Oh great, another concept to write up on my home page.  Grrr.

Suppose you are a) a Sysadmin  or b) a Teacher w/ 30 coder students.  If a)
a user calls in or b) you think a student is goofing off, it'd be nice to be
able to pull their monitor on screen, lock stock and barrel.  This is a
*today* thing with VNC being a reality, and is functionality that looks like
it's being built into XLab.

Suppose your machine has two monitors.  Since the physical area is
variable(depends whether both monitors are set to the same workspace or
not), any code construct like this wouldn't be very logical.

Great, now I need to figure out how multimonitor and the minbar interact.
Probably the minbar will influence whichever screen it happens to be on.